Recently in WPCC Minutes Category
- Forrest Hardy from Public Works: Follow-up regarding crosswalk bump-outs at 34th and Johnson -current plan is to install permanent bumb-outs. For more info, view the flyer.
- Kory Kleinsasser from Waite Park Church: WP Church has purchased the property at the corner of 33rd and Johnson and will be present to hear feedback on what the neighborhood would like to see happen with the property.
Waite Park Community Council Meeting Notes
August 3rd, 2011
7:00 Call to order
7:01 Introductions and sign in: Mary Farnham, Ann Kastensen, Anthony Beard, Tia Karelson, Connie Stauffer, Gary Arntsen, Lorraine Dodd, Jeffrey Martin, Jim Stillman
7:05 Financial report (Financial Report Approved)
7:10 Reports - Committee and Special -- 2 minutes or less per speaker:
- Minneapolis Parks and Rec Scott Gagnon:
Fall Program registration & rec plus upcoming. New C.S.A. being added to WP Parks & Rec staff, Scott will move his office to another location.
- Community Education Sandy McDonald: N/A
- Northeast Chamber of Commerce Rpt Gabe Nelson: N/A
- Public Education NE Alita Bergan: N/A
- Communications Committee Amy Softich: N/A
- Waite Park Community Garden Connie Stauffer:
Saturday is Community Garden Day event from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. All are welcome.
- Waite Park Voice / Web Site Anthony Beard: Next issue deadline August 5th
- NRP/CPED Steering Committee Gary Arnsten:
Remaining NRP phase I money needs to be verified and potentially reallocated.
MOTION: WPCC will amend NRP plan for Home Security Rebate and Block Club Grant programs to extend until 2014. (Motion Approved)
Fall Festival Mary Farnham:
'Be the Match' cross promotion to begin. WP Wesleyan has distributed 400+ handbills to promote Fall Festival 2011. August 13th workshop on schedule. Minimum age for participation may be lowered to 10 years old for Push Cart Derby.
MOTION: Allocate $200 for Fall Festival Banner (Motion Approved)
7:40 New Business:
WP Housing Program Update: $19,367.55 available for program income to be rolled back into loan programs or by way of NRP plan modification to be used elsewhere. $121,813.70 still available in WP Revolving Loan program and $32,990.00 available in WP Emergency Repair program. Board needs to evaluate best course of action. Will request attendance of GMHC staff at next WP board meeting to further discuss options.
Next Agenda Setting Meeting: Thursday, August 25, 2011
Next WPCC Meeting: Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Meetings Held at Waite Park Community Center