Join your neighbors to discuss constructive solutions for addressing the impact on our community from the rail yard, distribution center and rail lines in northeast Minneapolis related to the 230-acre Shoreham Yards and its adjacent train tracks.
Federal laws govern most of what goes on at sites like Shoreham Yards and on its tracks.
- Proximity to schools, homes, businesses, parks
- Toxic/hazardous materials storage and cargo
- Hours of operation
- Track maintenance
- Inspections and training
- 2009 vs. 1889: what a 21st-century rail yard neighbor really means to us
- Health, safety and quality of life
- International cargo distribution center issues
- Buffering and property upkeep
- Workable solutions
Special Community Meeting with aide to U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (also invited: offices of U.S. Senator Al Franken and U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison)
Monday, Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at 1900 Central Ave. NE, Suite 108 at the Holland Neighborhood Improvement Association office.
More information can be found at the Shoreham Area Advisory Committee (SAAC).